This article was submitted by John Opsahl and Daniel Herzog, Food For Friends Board Members.
Our big day has come and gone! Our annual golf outing is our largest fundraiser of the year and it is a day our golf committee worked very hard on for many many months.
Tuesday September 13, 2016 was a warm, sun drenched late summer day… perfect for our 13th annual golf outing. We had a great day at Bartlett Hills Golf Course. Our theme this year was Pay it Forward, ONE MEAL at a TIME. Because of your generosity, Food For Friends raised thousands of dollars to feed those in need.
Event Stats: Here are some stats from the event
- 140 golfers
- Over 25 sponsors
- 10 volunteers
- 3 amazing guest speakers
- Over 100 raffle prizes donated and given away
- Over $45,000 raised
Photos: If you are on Facebook, check out our photo album from the event.
Thank Yous!: We need to thank so many people and organizations
- All the Sponsors and Golfers
- Food For Friends Volunteers
- Bartlett Fire Department
- Bartlett VFW POST #11018
- Our National Anthem singer, Jennifer Vanslow
- All the golfers and sponsors
- Fellowship Housing moms Karen Lampert and Sharon Heynez
- Pacific Garden Mission speaker James Black
- Bartlett Hills Golf Course staff
- Beat the Pro – Brendan Doyle. Note: Contact Brendan and mention Food For Friends for a free 30-minute golf lesson. His email is email@example.com and his website is www.bdoylegolf.com
- James Moyna – Brothers’ Cup
- Angelo Valdes – H.E.L.P.S. Ministry
- Fellowship Housing
- Pacific Garden Mission
Also, many thanks to the golf committee for their countless hours of personal time to organize and make certain our annual golf outing ran smoothly!! Committee members for this outing included: Ben Opsahl, Christina Chacon, Dan Herzog, Ian Schlueter, Jennifer Chamberlin, John Opsahl, Ken Rasbid, Martin Cervantes and Ryan Parsons. Note: We are always looking for new volunteers to join our golf committee…. get in touch with us if you are interested (we could sure use extra help!)
SAVE THE DATE: 14th Annual Food For Friends Golf Outing – Tuesday, September 12, 2017