Our 14th Annual Golf Outing fundraiser was once again a success!!! We used the event to kick off our new theme slogan for the coming year: Pay It Forward – Your Kindness Inspires Change
More than 130 golfers were blessed with a warm and sunny end of summer day. As always, the golfers had fun on the course and afterwards at the dinner.
THANK YOU!! We raised more than $40,000 to help those in need right here in Chicago. We wish to thank all the generous sponsors, golfers and hard-working volunteers who gave their entire day for this cause. You truly did “Pay It Forward”!!
If you are on Facebook, check out our photo album from the event. (link to be added here soon)
Some other organizations and individuals we would like to thank!
- Bartlett Fire Department & VFW Post #11018
- Jennifer Vanslow – National Anthem singer
- Bartlett Hills Golf Course staff
- Brendan Doyle – Golf Pro (Contact Brendan and mention Food For Friends for a free 30-minute golf lesson. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org and his website is www.bdoylegolf.com).
- James Moyna – Brothers’ Cup
- Angelo Valdes – H.E.L.P.S. Ministry
- Fellowship Housing and Pacific Garden Mission Speakers
- Food For Friends golf committee: Ben Opsahl, Christina Chacon, Dan Herzog, Ian Schlueter, Jennifer Chamberlin, John Opsahl, Ken Rasbid & Martin Cervantes.
We have already picked out a date for next year…. so SAVE THE DATE: 15th Annual Food For Friends Golf Outing – Tuesday, September 11, 2018. As we look to next year, we would like to find a few more volunteers for our golf committee next year. Anyone interested in volunteering next year please email email@example.com
And always remember…. Pay It Forward – Your Kindness Inspires Change