Our 15th Annual Golf Outing fundraiser was once again a success!!!
We kicked off the event with our new theme slogan for the upcoming serving events: Pay It Forward, Get Connected, Give Hope.
We had 112 golfers that were blessed with beautiful day. There was friendly competition on the course and lots of networking going on during the reception and dinner.
A big THANK YOU!! is in order. The fundraiser (our only one of the year) helped us raise just under $30,000 to help those in need right here in Chicago.
We wish to thank all the generous sponsors, golfers and hard-working volunteers who gave their entire day for this cause. You truly did “Pay It Forward”!!
Some other organizations and individuals we would like to thank!
- Bartlett Fire Department & VFW Post #11018
- Jennifer Vanslow – National Anthem singer
- Bartlett Hills Golf Course staff
- Angelo Valdes – H.E.L.P.S Ministry
- Pam Orr – Fellowship Housing
- Barb Gaona – Volunteer
- Fellowship Housing and Pacific Garden Mission Speakers
- Food For Friends golf committee: Dan Herzog, John Opsahl, Ken Rasbid, Joan Richards, Martin Cervantes, and Christina Chacon.
If you are on Facebook, check out our photo album from the event at 11Sept2018 – Annual Golf Outing
We have already picked out a date for next year, so SAVE THE DATE: 16th Annual Food For Friends Golf Outing – Tuesday, September 17, 2019. As we look to next year, we need to find a few more volunteers for our golf committee. It does not take much time and we all have fun preparing and organizing the event. Anyone interested in volunteering next year please email firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember… Pay It Forward, Get Connected, Give Hope.